Biggest Loser - the fight against obesity


I wrote this 2 months before I started my journey. The last column is kind of funny, because this is exactly what I've found in Calorie Count.  Either way, I think it's a good reflection of a mind in denial. I think we've all been here one way or another. Here it goes:) Obviously I meant no offense to people who want to lose 10 lbs to be a size two. But I was really depressed and hating on everything. Imagine what you can learn from feeling good.

"Finally Biggest loser has started again :D It's a program that I've followed for years. Yes, you may think that if I've followed this program and gotten so incredibly inspired, why haven't I lost weight? There are tons of reasons, mainly excuses (bad ones I can tell you) and lack of economy. This will be a tough blog for me. I know people judge me because of how much I weigh, and I also know that I judge myself. It's tough to realise what you've done and it's even tougher feeling completely helpless  It's hard to tell you about this because in a way I'm ashamed of what I've done. But I am human, likes the rest of you. I know I've made a huge mistake. Here's my "weight gain story" anyway.

I have been overweight for about 6 years now, since 2005 when I quit my job in the military and stopped exercising. Mainly because of my very oppressive and manipulating boyfriend. He made me fell incredibly bad and he pushed me down so much that I felt worthless. But how I got out of that is another story for another day. Maybe that's where it all started? But it's not until the past 2 years that I've been really overweight. I weighed quite a lot during 2007 but I managed to lose 22 lbs (which I then gained plus another 22 lbs in 2009). 2009 was a tough year for me. I gained 44 lbs because I lost my job and fell madly in love. I got very comfortable, I had no money and I ate once a day if I was lucky. And fact is that if you don't eat enough you body will retain everything you eat because it thinks you're starving. And that's probably been the worst part for me. 2009 I also got very sick, it's not until recently that I've stopped eating medicine and hopefully can call myself healthy. As far as the doctors are concerned it's nothing overly serious just very tough. So really it's important for me to lose weight. 2011 I started going to a gym. I managed to lose almost 10 lbs in 2 months and I know it's not big numbers, but I felt great. Now I don't have the economy to continue going to the gym and I don't have the economy to eat properly or as many times as you should. 

I know this sounds like a cry for attention, self pity or that I want others to pity me. I don't! I don't pity myself either. I have done this to myself and I'm the only one who can do something about it. What biggest loser has done for me is inspire me to maybe gather a lot of people and exercise together. And now I don't mean a bunch of girls who want to lose 10 lbs so they can be a size 2. I'm talking about really overweight people. Perhaps you could gather all the people and together learn how to eat right, exercise right and help each other to get healthier. Below there's a picture of me from 2005 and a picture from 2011. I know I can reach that weight again. I may not have been the skinniest person alive then either but I was healthy and I felt good mentally. So if anyone wants to join me, keep in touch. There has to be other people like me out there who has decided that they want to make this change. A life style change. I know I want to!"

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg